I started writing this on sunday, but didn’t hit the publish button, so we’ll keep the title. If i want to stick with the roman theme I only have Nones, Ides and Kalends to pick from, none of which it actually is today.
I kept up with the haiku, every day. Some days are better than others, but the point is to write something every day without excuse. My recent favourites :
- I, taking notes, am / Intimidating. So? Good! / Now? I’ll underline.
- Sunday, no lie-in / Armed with book and toast. Reading / In my quiet house
I also took up responding to @writerlytweets #sixwordstory prompts to make myself write on a random subject. I’ve decided that my brain is a little weird, if only because I can rapidly come up with multiple responses to some prompts, which makes me think that these are subjects that I have subconsciously contemplated for a while.
- Home remodel disaster > “Careful, that’s load bearing paint”/ “Bricked yourself in, you say?”
- Clowns > Under the paint: No face
- Bad visit to ex > “So, I’m not dead after all…” / “Conjugal visit? Not on your life!”
- criminal lover > ” Wouldn’t hide bodies for anyone else…”
Actual writing, writing…eeeeh, not so much. I’ve been doing a lot of deleting editing, and plenty of reading, although most of it was re-reading of old favourites.